SBN members are independent, locally owned businesses, farms, organizations, and community leaders who are committed to the Philadelphia region and its quality of life.
About Sbn Members
Members receive and create value through their SBN membership by participating in networking and educational events and volunteering their time and talents to achieving our shared vision. SBN Members...
- Are committed to the local economy, the environment, and Philadelphia's diverse communities
- Promote products and services through SBN networks and collaborations to reach new and ready consumers of sustainable products and services while keeping business costs to a minimum
- Support other local businesses that reflect their values and concerns
- Benefit from SBN research, legislative victories and initiatives for sustainable businesses
- Receive business support, like health care plan options, educational events, and business consulting services
- Support other local businesses that reflect their values and concerns, making sure our region - our place - doesn't become just any place
SBN Member Benefits
SBN members, both businesses and individuals, provide critical support to our mission of building a just, green, and thriving economy in the Greater Philadelphia region. Starting at less than $11 a month, you can become part of a community that helps connect, promote, and advance your business.
- Develop relationships with like-minded business owners, possible partners, and potential clients
- Access our members-only newsletter filled with relevant industry news, information about SBN events and resources, and compelling member stories
- Reach thousands of users via a customized profile in the Sustainable Business Directory
- Leverage SBN's social media outlets to publicize events, products, and other news
- Take advantage of member-to-member discounts and promote your own services by offering special deals to SBN colleagues
- Keep your logo in front of the sustainability community by being featured on SBN’s home page (exclusive to Level 4)
- Attend intimate, members-only roundtable discussions that give you access to key policymakers
- Be part of groundbreaking policy initiatives, including establishing sustainable business tax incentives
- Access the GSI Partners Initiative, a signature program collaboratively building the green stormwater industry in the Philadelphia region (Level 2 and up)
What Members Say About SBN:
"SBN has been a resource for us since we started our buisness over two years ago. The mission is meaningful, the staff is responsive, the people in the network are inspiring and the events are well-planner and relevant. Being part of SBN adds value to our buisness and connects us with other socially-minded buisnesses that care about making our city and region more sustainable and just."
The Blue Door Group
"Birchtree has been a member for 6 years, and we enjoyed the programs and networkings that SBN offered in 2016 more than any other year. They are reaching out to us on so many levels-for policy input, catering opporotunities, funding suggestions-and every event feels unique and important."
"SBN membership has brought us closer to the movers and shakers in Philadelphia's broader movement for socially and environmentally responsible buisness. SBN creates open channels of communication with local policymakers and the fellew entrepreneurs deepens our network of relationships, and proves again and again that there is value in values-driven economics. I love the Sustainable Buisness Network and everything it represents"
As a two-year member, I would recommend SBN to anyone. their buisness directory has helped us connect with fellow like-minded companies, and their events are always informative and insightful. This network and all its benefits will help anyone grow as an individual and a buisness.
Philly Maid Green
Contact Wendy Metzgar, Member Services Manager, to create a tailored, customized plan to maximize your membership, leverage the network, and establish and grow connections.